By Dailyn Cabarse
SM CENTER ORMOC will be opening its doors to shoppers and dining enthusiasts on No-vember 16, Friday, at 3:00 in the afternoon. Aside from top manage-ment people, the mall opening will feature actress Rhian Ramos who will have a “meet and greet” with fans on that day. A grand fireworks display will also happen at 5:00 PM.
The fun will not end for shoppers on opening day because on the second day, November 17, internet sensation Hay Malaya will also meet and greet her fans by 5:00 PM.
The mall will house over 60 local and national brands, including a wide variety of food tenants. It will also have 3 digital cinemas and 1 director’s club. Ticket and SnackTime booths are framed by edgy weathered steel borders, and lighting fixtures are designed as visual features.
Store tenants will also be offering awesome treats during the opening. The firsts-in-the-city tenants who will be opening their doors on opening day are:
1) Gong Cha Philippines – if you want something TEArrific;
2) Miniso Philippines – the new one-stop budgetfriendly Japanese concept store;
3) Max’s Restaurant;
4) BreadTalk Philippines – which will be serving their best-seller Fire Floss and other originals;
5) Dimsum Break – all for your Dimsum cravings;
6) Ribshack – which serves grilled spareribs with unli-rice for as low as P99.00;
7) Macao Imperial Tea Philippines – the newest go-to chill out place; and,
8) Chikaan – a restaurant that serves Filipino homecooked dishes. There will also be a Christmas Parade around the mall on November 18 and 25 at 5:00 PM.
One can’t miss SM Center Ormoc when entering the city proper. The design of the center’s facade features undulating bands of varying shades of green, tying in to the Anilao river located directly behind the complex.
The interior of the center is organized around an L-shaped atrium and concourse, with clerestory at the second level providing ample daylight through the openings at each level, bringing natural light into the spaces. The atrium are accentuated by vivid color borders which turn the openings into unique design features, enlivening the interior space.
A large, covered dining balcony features al fresco dining options, highlighted by a series of louvers which both support the canopy above and provide shading so diners may enjoy their experience outdoors.
The mall is also equipped with parking spaces at the ground floor with 12 terminal slots, second floor with 7 PWD slots and 63 slots for cars, mezzanine area with 56 slots for cars and 133 slots for motorcyles, and third floor with 1 space for PWD and 307 slots for cars.
SM Center Ormoc design architect is DSGN Associates, Inc., with construction manager D.A Abcede & Associates, and Sonyu Construction Corp. as general contractor. with a Press Release